The season of giving is coming. Despite the pandemic, no one can stop Christmas from coming to town. Of course, Christmas parties are still off the list as part of complying with safe physical distancing requirements.
Show the important people in your professional network that you value them this coming holiday season. Your gifts don’t have to be expensive and flashy. Giving them gifts that they can use every day or serving their need will remind them of your thoughtfulness and make them feel appreciated.
For Your Employees
If you are a small business owner, you would know how important your employees are in maintaining your business operation. They are the lifeblood of your small business, and without them, things will be more challenging for you.
Express your gratitude by gifting them with something that they can use every day. Work clothing embroidered with your business logo is one gift that your employees will definitely use. It will let them know that they are valued members of your company. It can also serve as their uniform, so they can proudly wear your logo wherever they go.
Here are other gift ideas that are perfect for the people who are helping you grow your business.
- Gift Cards. Don’t just give them any gift card. Choose a gift card that matches your employee’s personality. A coffee-loving employee will surely appreciate a gift card to their favorite cafe.
- Gift Baskets. Gift baskets are great practical gifts that your employees will be excited to receive. Fill it with fruits, cheese, wine, and some sweets.
- Paid Time-Off. Give your employees a paid day off that they can spend as they wish. Meet your employees first when they plan to have the day-off so that you won’t be caught off guard when more than half of your personnel goes on leave.
For Your Female Co-Workers
If you are employed, you should know how important it is to have female co-workers as your friends. They can be the key to your survival when things start to get toxic and stressful. Be sure to let them know how thankful you are to have them as your co-workers with these simple yet thoughtful gifts.
- Candy-Colored Water Tumblers. Staying hydrated amidst a busy day is important. Give your female co-workers a thoughtful gift that will have them reaching for a gulp of water. Choose colorful and dainty water bottles that will look good on their desks.
- Pretty Day Journals. Every woman needs a pretty day journal where she can plot and plan her daily schedule. A cute planner and journal will be a welcome gift for women who want to stay on top of things.
- Gift Certificate To A Nearby Spa. Everyone needs some relaxing downtime. Gift your female co-workers a gift certificate for a spa treatment. They will definitely be thankful for your thoughtfulness.
For Your Male Co-Workers
Your male co-workers are the ones who can bring in the fun when things seem dire and hopeless. Here are some gift ideas that your male buddies will appreciate and will love to receive this holiday.
- Reusable Coffee Cups. Help your male buddies save the earth without bringing an awkward reusable thermos in their favorite coffee shop. A rightly sized 12-oz reusable coffee cup is more subtle. They are also perfect for coffee on the go with their anti-splash lids.
- Socks. Socks are one of those things that have an uncanny ability to get lost over time. Help your male buddies to restock on their socks with a pair or two.
- Portable Battery. This is the perfect gift for your male buddies into mobile gaming to avoid having empty batteries at the most inopportune of moments (i.e., being engaged in a ranked mission or battle).
For Your Boss
You may think that your boss has everything. Besides, what can you buy for someone whose salary is more than two times your wage?
Of course, your boss will also feel good knowing that you remembered them. But since this is someone you may want to impress, do not give them the gift you are giving everyone else in the office.
This is not to say that you should splurge for the most expensive gift. Give your gift a little more thought and be observant of their habits.
With that said, here are the gifts that you can consider for your boss.
- Planner Refills. If your boss is using a refillable planner, you can get their planner refills. Just make sure to get refills in the right size.
- Multiple Purpose Charging Stations. Whether you have a male or female boss, this is definitely a welcome addition to your boss’s desk.
- Portable Keyboard. If your boss loves to work on his iPad, make it easier for him with a Bluetooth multidevice keyboard.
Gift-giving is a personal thing. Avoid giving generic gifts that add to the pile of clutter in the recipient’s home or desk. Of course, the gifts that you will give will depend on other factors, such as your budget and how well you know the recipient. Just remember to avoid breaking the bank by trying to impress with expensive gifts. Enjoy the season and have fun playing Santa.